CBI is the premier investigative agency in the country, with a dual responsibility to investigate grievous cases and provide leadership and direction in fighting corruption to the Police force across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can CBI take over the investigation of a criminal case registered by the State Police.
- What types of Crimes CBI investigate today?
- What is the difference between the nature of the cases investigated by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the CBI?
- Can CBI suo-moto take up investigation of any crime anywhere in the Country?
- What is a ‘trap’? We often read in newspapers that CBI has caught a public servant in a trap.
- Who provides the money used for laying the trap?
- What happens to the money of the complainant provided for laying trap?
- f the complainant is so poor that he cannot arrange bribe money, does it mean that no action can be taken against a corrupt public servant, who demands bribe?
- We often see across ourselves corrupt public servants leading a lavish life style and having possessions much beyond their means. Can CBI take action against such public servants?
- Does CBI perform any important function other than investigation of crime?
- What is the role of CBI as Interpol of India?
- What is a red notice?
- What role CBI Interpol plays in extradition of a fugitive?