Consumer Lawyer

Do you have grivence or dispute?

How to approach district consumer Forum with or without a lawyer

The complaint can be made on plain paper and you can file it in person or through an authorised agent, after it has been notarised, through registered post or regular post. It is important that you serve a personal or legal notice to the opposite party before filing the complaint.

You will need to file four copies, plus additional copies for each opposite party. And the complaint must be filed within two years from the date of the cause of action having arisen. The court fee for cases involving up to Rs 1 lakh is nil for those holding Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards and Rs 100 for the rest. For cases involving up to Rs 5 lakh the case fee is Rs 200, for case up to Rs 10 lakh the court fee is Rs 400 and for those up to Rs 20 lakh the case fee is Rs 500. The demand draft should be made out to the President, Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, (name of) district.

How to approach state consumer Forum

Cases where the value of goods or services exceeds Rs 20 lakh can be filed and orders of the district forum challenged here within 30 days of the order being passed. The court fee for cases above Rs 20 lakh and up to Rs 50 lakh is Rs 2,000 while the consumer court fee for cases up to Rs 1 crore is Rs 4,000. The demand draft should be made in favour of the registrar, (name of) state commission and be payable in that state only. To file an appeal you need the following:

  1. Documents of record with correct name of all parties and their addresses.
  2. Certified copy of the district forum order.
  3. More than four additional copies for each respondent for filing an appeal.
  4. Any conditional delay, interim orders and other petitions to be submitted along with an affidavit
  5. A statutory deposit of Rs 25,000 or 50 per cent of the award / compensation amount, whichever is less, is to be made by the appellant / opposite parties.
How to approach National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission

A dissatisfied consumer can file a complaint directly with the national commission or appeal against decisions of the state commission within a month from the date of the order. The court fee is Rs 5,000 and the demand draft should be in the name of The Registrar, National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission. There is no fee for filing an appeal before the state or national commission. You can appeal against the orders of the national commission in the Supreme Court within a period of 30 days.

Sl. No. Total Value of goods or services and the compensation claimed Amount of fee payable District consumer Forum (1) Upto one lakh rupees – For complainants who are under the Below Poverty Line holding Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards Nil (2) Upto one lakh rupees – For complainants other than Antyodaya Anna Yojana card holders. Rs.100 (3) Above one lakh and upto five lakh rupees Rs.200 (4) Above five lakh and upto ten lakh rupees Rs.400 (5) Above ten lakh and upto twenty lakh rupees Rs.500 State Commission (6) Above twenty lakh and upto fifty lakh rupees Rs.2000 (7) Above fifty lakh and upto one crore rupees Rs.4000 National Commission (8) Above one crore rupees Rs.5000

We are specialized Consumer attorney who have expertise in Consumer law, we understand Deficiency in Goods and Services, Unfair trade practice. We are known consumer advocates in Mumbai, in Thane who handle consumer court matters with maximum success rate.

We at Thapar and Associates Law Firm have super specialized lawyers to handle GST, Property & Estate, Design, Forensic, Trademarks etc cases at any stage.